This is a fusion dish – a fusion of our soon-to-be-vacated suburban house produce and our soon-to-be-inhabited farm produce. Bananas from the back yard and pecans from the orchard combine to create quite the taste sensation. Obviously the chocolate chips go well with both (and anything). It was an experiment born of an old muffin recipe and it is now my banana, pecan and chocolate chip muffin recipe:
- 1 egg,
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 squashed banana
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- handful of chopped pecan nuts (plus a few larger chunks for the top)
2) Spoon into muffin pan and top each muffin with a nut or a chocolate chip.
3) Bake at 200 C (400 F) for 15 – 20 minutes.
4) Let stand in pan for 10 minutes and place on cooling rack until cool.
5) Store in an airtight container.
Do I even need to bother typing that these things taste wonderful?